A mother always wishes to give her baby the best in this world. These feelings double up when the baby has some physical issues during birth. Tounge Tie is a phenomenon found rare among babies. When a newborn child is unable to push tongue past the lower or upper lip in a normal manner, it termed as tongue-tied. Baby’s who are born with this particular health issue have poor sucking ability which affects their health as the milk often leaks from the side of the mouth, and invariably the air is sucked in, which creates stomach ache. If your child is a tongue-tied, lip-tied, or healthy baby who needs to be kept on formula milk, here is the list of best bottles for newborn babies.
Best Bottles for Tongue Tied Babies
1. Comotomo Baby Bottle for Tongue Tied Babies
If your child is not gaining proper weight because of lack of milk intake or latching problem, then try the Comotomo Baby Bottle, which has a special design for babies who are bottle-fed or getting switched to bottles. The nipple is soft and designed to replicate a mother’s nipple. Many new mothers have found success in introducing their babies to bottle-feeding and written great reviews about this product.
Comotomo Baby Bottle comes with these following features:
- Babies can quickly adapt to the Comotomo bottle because of its design.
- A wide neck design allows you to clean the bottle easily.
- Excellent quality, BPA-free, the nipple is of 100% medical-grade silicone which is safe to boil, can be washed in the dishwasher or sterilized in the microwave
- The bottle is Anti-colic vents that reduce the suction of air while feeding on the bottle.
2. Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
If you are looking for the best bottles for tongue-tie babies, then Philips Avent is the number one choice for new and experienced mothers. The company is known for making great products, and the Philips Avent ticks all the boxes when you are looking for a feeding bottle. The polypropylene bottle is sturdy, and the nipple has a design that replicates the breast, making the baby’s transition to adapt the bottle easier. There is a twin-valve in the nipple to reduce air swallowing while feeding.
Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle comes with these following features:
- Ideal bottle for babies who are shifting from mother’s feeding.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Easily available.
- The flow rate is ideal for the newborn, tongue-tied, lip tied babies.
3. Lansinoh Feeding Bottles
Another feeding bottle that got great reviews from mothers all around the world is the Lansinoh Bottles that have 100% silicone slow flow nipple designed for tongue-tied babies. The AVS™ reduces gas formation while feeding and is dishwasher and microwave safe. While this company is selling baby products for years, the company is actively supports breastfeeding around the country.
Lansinoh Feeding Bottles comes with these following features:
- The company is producing feeding bottles for more than 25 years.
- Lansinoh Feeding Bottle has a wide neck which is easy to clean.
- The main feature of the bottle is the slow flow silicone nipple, BPA free bottle with Air Ventilation System to reduce air sucking while feeding.
4. Tommee Tippee Feeding Bottles
There is nothing better than mother’s feeding, and Tommee Tippee bottles have an intention to replicate this natural process in the closest possible way. If your child is switching to bottle-feeding or facing tongue-tie issue, then this bottle will help them drink milk without sucking excessive air that causes gas.
Tommee Tippee Feeding Bottles comes with these following features:
- These feeding bottled are affordable compared to other high-end brands.
- The vent has a slow flow hole, so your child can drink more milk without much air.
- Bottles are affordable.
- The nipple is of 100% high-quality silicone.
5. Boon NURSH Pouch Bottles
One of the main problems a tongue-tied baby experience is a gas, which often happens when they suck too much air while trying to feed on a bottle. Boon Nursh has launched its best bottle for tongue-tied baby, which has a ventless system that gives a steady flow of milk and prevents colic. The bottle and nipple are both made from silicone, and the outer shell is of plastic, which offers a solid base to hold the bottle.
Boon NURSH Pouch Bottles comes with these following features:
- The bottle and nipple are 100% silicone, which vacuums when the milk gets sucked out, so there is less possibility of a child sucking the air while drinking milk.
- Nipple design mimics the natural shape of the breast, which aids the baby to adapt to bottle-feeding quickly.
- All you have to clean is nipple and bottle, and you are all set for round two of feeding.
6. PopYum Baby Bottles for Tongue Tied Babies
The worst part of keeping your baby on formula milk is the load your need to carry in the diaper bag. There is a formula can, water, bottles, and measuring spoon. All this almost feels like you are carrying the entire kitchen with you to prepare a bottle of milk. The PopYum bottles solve this problem as with this bottle, you can store the measured formula in the upper section of the bottle and water in the lower part. At the time of feed, press the buttons, shake a little, and the bottle is ready for feeding.
PopYum Baby Bottle comes with these following features:
- PopYum bottle is the apt choice for formula-fed babies.
- Parents can store formula is the nipple section and secure it with disk while the lower part holds water.
- Press the button to mix water and formula at the time of feeding.
- The bottle is sturdy and has a leakproof design.
- The nipple has a shape in such a way that even tongue-tied babies can easily latch on it.
While there is nothing better than mother’s milk, it shouldn’t be a point of embarrassment for mothers whose child is tongue-tied or facing difficulty in latching. With so much busy life, parents should have the comfort of choosing a bottle over mothers feeding, especially when the child is not able to drink milk with ease. With the list of bottles for tongue-tied babies, we tried to list down brands that are good for babies who are new to bottle feeding. The main focus behind choosing these products is the shape of the nipple, the quality of the bottle, and AVS system that stops the baby from sucking too much air while feeding. Our best pick from bottles for tongue-tied babies is the Comotomo bottle, Philips Avent, and PopYum Baby Bottle.